Followers

Thursday 11 November 2010

What's one more friggin' candle

Sorry, I've been a bad blogger again.  I've had a serious case of disinterest and lack of enthusiasm for crafting and blogging lately. I hope it's a passing phase.lol 

I wasn't even looking forward to the Hobbycraft show at the NEC, which is unusual for me. I do a twice yearly pilgrimage to the shows each year in March and November. Although, I did manage to drag myself along and here's what I got:

Doesn't look much for the amount it cost, but hey ho, who said crafting was a cheap hobby.lol.

Now, on to the card at the top of the post.  I did have to drag myself to my craft desk this week as it's my sister's birthday on Saturday and it's a case of pull my finger out and make her card or (shocking thought) buy one from the shop!  The digi image is Stella from bugaboostamps, perfect for my sister's sense of humour - she's kinda like a female version of Victor Meldrew (she doesn't read my blog so I think I'm safe to say that).  And while I was at it I also made her this candle. My first attempt - it was great fun, I definitely will be doing more of these. 

That's it for now folks. Hope to be back soon.x

5 comments :

Linny said...

Hi Sue,
I love your style of cards and always pop in to see what you have been up too.
I went to the NEC too and managed to buy loads.

Linda

Jackie said...

Love your card and candle set :o)
I think we all have those times when we can't get our enthusiasm going, hopefully yours will pass very soon.
Hugs, Jackie xx

Sally said...

Gorgeous card, the image and sentiment are brilliant.
Sally. x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and candle, that image is so funny!

I know what you mean about the thought of buying a card from a shop - my hubby suggested it when I was moaning about having so many Christmas cards to make, and I nearly fainted at the suggestion of such sacrilege!!

I really hope you get your enthusiasm back soon, I'm sure it's just a phase. Hugs from Sally x

Vicky Hayes said...

Brilliant idea to use this stamp on a candle!