Followers

Friday 10 June 2011

Less is more - Week 18 - Monochrome

I'm back! It's so nice to be home.

Hope you're all well and looking forward to the weekend.

Sadly, for the first time since it started, I missed the lessismore challenge last week and I nearly ran out of time for this one as I appeared to have left my mojo on holiday until today when I came up with 3 things I wanted to do.

1. Use this really old Inkadinkado stamp I dug out of my stamp drawer (another sadly neglected stamp)
2. Get a bit more practise using my Silhouette to cut around stamped images
3. Use my Distress Inks (got a whole stash of them and hardly use them)

So, this is what I did:

Scanned my image into the Silhouette software and cut the outline
Stamped the image using Walnut Stain Distress Ink positioning it carefully over the cut outline
Cut out a circle with Nesties and inked with the same Walnut Stain ink
Used the computer to generate the sentiment changing the font colour to match the Walnut Stain ink.

My Silhouette machine continues to amaze me with each new feature I discover on it.  I just love it (sorry, I've probably said that once too often).  I bought my machine second hand off e-bay a couple of years ago and it's been brilliant.  I have the original machine and I was wondering whether to upgrade to the newer SD one (Create and Craft have quite a good deal on at the moment with flexi pays).  If anyone has had the Original and changed theirs to a newer model - what do you think?  Is it worth it?


Sue.x

16 comments :

Suze Bain said...

Wow, Sue this is fabulous. Great image, colour and sentiment. Definitely one of my favourites this week. xx

TAM said...

Great image, lovely sentiment Fabulous card.

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Sue! Hope you had a great holiday!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Kathleen said...

This is a fabulous card, well worth waiting for.

Kath x

Chrissie said...

Sue, this is super, I have this stamp and your card has given me some ideas!
Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Sheila in Cyprus said...

A fabulous card Sue. I love the image and your choice of colour. Will have to check this stamp out and see of its still available, it would make great anniversary cards. Love Sheila x

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the shaded circle as a backdrop to the couple:)
Jenny x

Sue said...

Hi Sue, Just love love love this card. Is all sounds quite a lot of work that you have put into it. The end result is wonderful. Your comments about the Silhouette are intriguing, I used to have a Cricut but didn't use it much so I sold it. Don't think you could scan a stamped image and then cut it out though - sound good and looks good on your card.Might have to investigate further :). Sue x

Susan said...

Sue, I have the original Silhouette, and I thought about changing to the newer one, but I think the only difference is that the newer one has an SD card and you can load images/fonts on it to take with you to crops and you don't need to connect to your computer. I decided I didn't really need that as I don't go to crops. I am, however, VERY interested in how you used the Silhouette to cut the stamp image. Can you send me some details on how to do that?

I LOVE your card, very Victorian...an definitely vintage!
If you want to email with directions on how you did the stamp cutout, you can click on the contact me envelope on my blog.

Thanks SO much! You've inspired me to look for what else my Silhouette can do!

Susan@Keeping in Touch

Mandi said...

I have this stamp, but, you have made it look fantastic
Great card Sue

Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful. Wonderful background, great image, beautiful browns.

Carolyn said...

Oh what a lovely card. I love what you did with this stamp. Can't say enough about this card.
Carolyn W

Lisa A. said...

What a lovely card!! Love the image and sentiment...love how you cut out the images...VERY pretty:)!!

Vicky Hayes said...

How beautiful! And what a great sentiment to go with that image too. Vx

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful card and sentiment :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing work Sue! xx