Followers

Wednesday 5 October 2011

THE COLOUR OF YOUR EYES
is the theme for this week's lessismore challenge.  This took a bit of thinking about cause I have green eyes and it's not a colour I use often.


Here's what I came up with:


Green definitely is not my favourite colour, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.



Here's what I used:

Clarity large leaf swirl stamp
Hero Arts Antique Engravings butterflies
Stampin Up Scalloped punch
Stampin Up oval punch
Stampin Up sentiment stamp
Adirondack Mountain Sky inkpad

I scored a couple of lines at the top and bottom of the card and decoupaged the butterflies.

While I'm at it (I've been a very bad blogger lately), here are a few other things I've been doing this week:



I thought it was time to get cracking on some Christmas cards, I know a lot of you will have started months ago, but I always leave it to the last minute.


I've used Milly from digistampboutique and coloured her with Promarkers
Cuttlebug embossing folder
A bit of stitching
Ribbon and brad from stash


You may have read in previous posts that my daughter was off to Australia for 6 months for part of her gap year.  Well she's gone. Sob, sob!  She's au pairing for a family with an 8 year old girl so I made her as couple of items to give to the little girl when she arrived:




The base card was printed using my Tatty Teddy cd and then the box shape cut out on my Silhouette.  The image is also from the cd.  Lauren intended to fill it with sweets but had to do it when she arrived at the airport in Melbourne because of strict rules the Aussie's have about bringing foodstuff into the country.


And this little bookmark, again using my Tatty Teddy cd and a scalloped nestie.


This is the back:



and here's how it looks on the corner of a book page:

Quite fun little projects, I hope Nina liked them.


Ok, that's enough from me.  Sorry about the long post, but I had a bit of catching up to do.


Sue.x

24 comments :

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Love the colour of your eyes card so the best but they're all great!

G Peplow said...

Woah, Great cards!!! Your LIM card is gorgeous totally lovely butterflies and great colouring, I'd love green eyes very exotic, Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous makes Sue!! Your LIM card is stunning! xx

Lynne said...

What a super clutch of cards Sue. Your LiM one is fabulous. Love the swirl stamp.
Wish I had green eyes!
Lynne xxx

Jayne said...

Fab tatty ted projects, absolutely love the christmas card and your 'colour of your eyes' card is so beautiful, I love green!
Love Jayne. x

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

lovely cards sue , loved your wee sweetie box my daughter loves tatty ted and she is 8 so I ma sure Nina will adore them K xx

Chrissie said...

Wow Sue, all your stuff is absolutely stunning!
Your LIM card is fab and your little mouse one is such a sweetie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky said...

Wow Sue...such gorgeous makes hun...and I so love the LIM card...I so love the colour green...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous LIM card, just love the swirl stamp.
Great cute Christmas card too, Apart from cards I've entered into challenges I have not used any DP on my cards for this year and I have made a lot.
Hope your Daughter settles in well and a lovely presents for the little girl.
My Daughter lives in Sydney and I only see her for 3 weeks a year, it is so exciting when she is coming but oh so very sad when she goes back.

Kath x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card and green is my favourite colour. All the others are fantastic and I love that bookmark :o)
Jackie cc

Jane said...

Gorgeous green, beautiful butterflies and swirls. Also love your little mouse!

You can view my card here

Jenny said...

Absolutely stunning card Sue, for this challenge I wished I had green or brown eyes...I found blue had to get to grips with!
Love your little gifts you made for your daughter to take to Oz :)
Jenny x

Elaine Stark said...

All so lovely. The LIM card is stunning. Elaine

Wishcraft said...

Love all your fab makes, but your LIM card is absolutely gorgeous - love that swirl stamp, so beautiful! Lisa x

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful cards! Your Less is More card is absolutely gorgeous.

Bonnie said...

I love your greens and butterflies! And the Christmas mouse is so adorable!

Jayne A said...

I love your less is more card. Very pretty.

The other are gorgeous too.

Jayne
x

Jean said...

A lovely LIM card, the butterflies are beautiful. Jean x

Cheryl said...

Beautiful cards....I like all the shades of green in your LIM card. Oh, and your adorable singing mouse card is amazing!

Mandi said...

Hi Sue
Superb LIM card!
All your projects are wonderful, was lovely to see them
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Mrs.B said...

Great LIM card, love the butterflies.
Avril

Viv said...

Two lovely cards, loving that green colour too & the Xmas one is divine. I sooo missed my daughter when she first left home too( hugs):O) Viv xx

Linby said...

Your "eye" card is stunning - love the other work too.
Linbyx

Cath Wilson said...

Love that green beauty - so stylish! The Christmas card is lovely, too x