Followers

Saturday 14 July 2012

A happy accident.............

.......... that's the story with this card.


It started off as a 5 x 61/2" card (American size, sort of equivalent to our C6 - not a size I'm fond of, so I like this slightly larger version).  The accident came when I made the box to put it in.  It was a too small - aaaargh.  I just couldn't get the motivation to make another so decided to make the card smaller.  Chopped it in half and then realised that I would loose the mat and would have to mount it onto another card blank and be back to square one.  What to do?  Then I had one of those 'Eureka' moments 'why not make a stand for it. So that's why this ended up not quite as planned.


I used my Cameo to cut out the stand, the leaves,butterflies and flourish.  The frame is a Nestie and the sentiment was done on the computer using a font called English.

 I just used some roses, ribbon and tiny beads from my stash to finish.


I quite like how it turned out, so may do some more like this.

Sue.x

9 comments :

Linny said...

Beautiful card Sue. I love all the fiddly bits that you cut on your Cameo. I wish the Cameo files would work in my Pazzles,we dont have as much choice in WPC files. Linda x

Sue said...

This is beautiful, I love the design and all the detailing

Sue

Tina said...

Lovely card Sue, fab design. Tinaxx

Tina said...

Lovely card Sue, fab design. Tinaxx

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, looks great on the stand :o)
Jackie xx

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card Sue and the stand makes it look even fancier! xx

Sheena F said...

Lovely card from a happy accident Sue. 1st time browsing your blog.... you have some really beautiful cards. Will save you to my favs now.

Sheena x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue!
xx

Jackie said...

What a happy accident it turned out to be, it's beautiful :)
Jackie xx