Followers

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Less is More Week 273 Saints and Dragons or Heroes

The challenge for this week is as follows:

For some fun this week our recipe is to include

Saints, Dragons or Heroes.

St. George's Day takes place on April 23rd every year, recognising the patron saint of England, apparently made famous for slaying a dragon and saving a distressed maiden.
There are not usually many celebrations in honour of this day, so this will be our little salute!
You don't have to portray elements of this story, but whatever your imagination conjures up with this theme.
We would however like an explanation if your link is tenuous!
Just have fun!

And here's my card:




I don't have any stamps of dragons, saints or heroes so I found these fab digi stamps and took them into Serif and managed to make a group out of them.  The cake and flame are also digi stamps and I put the flame on top of the cake to look like those ditzy characters set it alight.  I coloured them with Prisma pencils (I've not had a play with them for ages so it was fun doing some colouring).  The sentiment was printed from the computer.  I recently bought some TODO basic square dies and they are great, brilliant sizes to mat and layer; they're bigger than the Spellbinder squares.
Thanks for dropping by
Sue.x

10 comments :

Kathyk said...

This is just so cute, made me chuckle

Kathyk

Esther said...

Love the humour in this card! What a fab digi. Great job!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous, love it
Lorraine x

Susan said...

Love this trio! They are so cute. Great coloring and love that burning cake! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Cardsbymaaike said...

what a funny set of dragons, I love them, and your card ;-)

Anne said...

My word you've done a great job combining this trio! What a totally brilliant card. Love it!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This made me smile so much Sue. A terrific trio of dragons there and well done for making them into a group. Your sentiment is so funny too.
Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! this is simply amazing!! what a great way to combine this digi images, I wish I knew how to manipulate this programs to achieve this kind of awesomeness!!!
The expressions on their faces match the sentiment hilariously, thank you, thank you for sharing this totally fantastic card, I'm giggling as I write this comment.
Oh, and the coloring is incredible too.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Chrissie said...

Oh my! What fabulous colouring... this is really a terrific card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue - said...

Fabulous card! Love the trio of dragons!